Executive Director of Corporate Stores, wireless retailer
Operations Manager, regional retailer
District Manager, restaurant chain
Operations Manager, national retail chain
Managing director, energy consultancy serving large retail and restaurant chains
EnerAllies is the industry’s first and only solution to reduce HVAC energy and maintenance costs for small-format retail and restaurant chains without a heavy investment of money or time.
EnerAllies is transforming energy management from a hardware-heavy industrial controls approach to a software-centric and data services solution. This new approach changes the entire economic equation and makes the system a financial no-brainer. It also enables a host of new services:
Reduce heating and cooling costs by 20%-30% with automatic daily download of optimized thermostat schedules for each site.
Early Warning System™ helps avoid costly RTU repairs by providing a heads-up on problems before they become catastrophic.
Upgrade the customer experience by improving site comfort with unique local and seasonal optimization technology.
Turnkey remote management and data-insights services improve staff productivity and streamline everything.
Unlike programmable thermostats that provide no warnings when systems are degraded and don’t adjust to swings in temperature and change of seasons, EnerAllies’ advanced software technologies provide an Early Warning System and automatically update schedules to optimize comfort daily, achieving tangible cost savings and happier clientele and employees.
Traditional hardware-centric solutions present major barriers because they are expensive and require significant hands-on effort to manage. By eliminating costly and complex hardware EnerAllies’ software-centric solution gets results at a fraction of the cost with little to no upfront investment required
• Visually compelling mobile-first UI.
• System is scalable to thousands of sites.
• Multi-level security and redundancy.
• Configurable role-specific access levels for store, district and facility/ops managers provide relevant reports and access.
• Enables multi-brand management.
• Flexible system enables on-the-fly changes to groupings and names.
• No IT integration required – no security risk.
• Clients see a 2x payback in the first year and reduce HVAC and energy costs 20%-30%annually.
• Requires minimal to zero up-front costs to implement.
• Unlike hardware-heavy solutions with complex installations and upgrade headaches that carry the risk of obsolescence, our solution is hardware-light and software-centric.
• Save money and show your customers you’re doing your part. EnerAllies customers contribute an average carbon offset of 5 tons of CO2 emissions per site per year from reduced energy consumption.
• Our Early Warning System for HVAC degradation helps prevent costly catastrophic failures with weekly outlier reports highlighting emerging HVAC maintenance issues, enabling you to be proactive in fixing problems.
• There’s no need to train up as analytics experts to figure out how to optimize your HVAC systems. We identify the key patterns across all of our customers’ data to share actionable insights with you. We provide a high degree of data granularity when there’s a problem, but otherwise your staff won’t have to spend time sifting through your data.
• Provide a premium customer experience as EnerAllies’ comfort optimization automatically adjusts thermostat schedules to account for differences in geography, sudden fluctuations in temperature, and change of seasons.
• We do everything for you – our remote thermostat management and monitoring lets staff focus on other priorities; or drive it yourself with desktop, tablet or smartphone.
• Our subscription service means customer support is built-in. We don’t nickel-and-dime you when you need support.
• Our implementation is simple, fast and will not disrupt your business.
EnerAllies has spent hundreds of hours with franchise owners, corporate operations teams and facilities managers to better understand their businesses, discuss their HVAC challenges and deploy solutions. We know that multi-site restaurant and small-box retail operators typically don’t have energy management systems or equipment monitoring services because they’re too expensive to justify and too costly for your team to manage.
Every customer discussion repeats the same set of challenges – that the team is stretched thin and there’s no extra capacity to learn and manage a new system. HVAC management isn’t core to your business and it’s often a black hole with little data or visibility to know if something is truly wrong with a roof-top unit and whether it justifies repairs.
Rob Keil is CEO and co-founder of EnerAllies. He also serves as a Board member of the company. Rob has a 20-year track record as a successful executive in technology companies, serving in CEO, product management, marketing, and business development roles.
Prior to EnerAllies, Rob served as VP of Product Management at Silver Spring Networks, a leading Internet of Things & Smart Grid supplier to utilities. Rob had responsibility for Network Infrastructure and Distribution Automation, with product lines including SaaS-based software, wireless routers, and next-generation hardware.
Previously, Rob was the founding CEO of Hammerhead Systems, a networking equipment start-up funded by blue-chip Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Foundation Capital and the Mayfield Fund. At Hammerhead Rob served as both the CEO and the VP Marketing/Business Development, where he spearheaded fundraising for over $50M in venture capital and led the company in major deals with Verizon Business, Fujitsu, Savvis, & Covad. Rob incubated the idea for Hammerhead while he was an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Foundation Capital.
Previously, Rob served as the VP Marketing for Zaffire, an optical networking start-up backed by Kleiner Perkins and Juniper Networks. Rob came to Zaffire from Cisco Systems, where he was a Senior Group Manager leading the product management and launch of products that became a $1B product line. Previously, Rob served as Group Manager, Product Planning at StrataCom, where he led their Internet product strategy. Earlier in his career, Rob was an investment professional at Bain Capital and a strategy consultant at Bain.
Rob holds an MBA from Harvard and a BS in Economics from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Steve Maruyama is VP, Engineering & Customer Operations and Co-founder of EnerAllies. He also serves as a Board member of the company. Steve has a 30-year track record as a successful engineering leader for technology companies, and has built world-class development teams from scratch in three different start-ups.
Prior to EnerAllies, Steve consulted for Cisco Systems’ Video Business Unit, where he focused on transforming organizational and product development processes.
Previously Steve was VP of Software at Hammerhead Systems, a networking equipment start-up. Steve was also Co-founder and VP, Engineering, for Silver Peak Systems, where he built the engineering team and led product development from conception to general availability.
Earlier in his career, Steve was Senior Group Manager at Cisco and StrataCom. Steve managed major product deliverables to customers such as AT&T, British Telecom, and MCI/WorldCom, for strategic projects in big data collection and analytics.
Steve holds a BA in Computer Science from UC Santa Barbara.
J.B. Lyon serves as a Board member for EnerAllies. J.B. manages his family office, Mount Independence Investments, which primarily invests growth capital in B2B service businesses focused on SaaS, the elderly sector and energy. Mount Independence also invests in commercial real estate. J.B. helped to create and manage two private equity firms: ZBI Ventures and Vision Media Investors, which focused investments in energy and media, respectively.
Prior to this, he was Vice President of Business Development for Staples, Inc. and Vice President of Operations for Staples Business Delivery unit. During his eight year tenure at Staples, J.B. led the launch of the Staples.com site, for which he wrote the business plan, led the development of the site, and served in marketing and operations positions.
Prior to joining Staples, J.B. co-founded and managed Uncle Dave’s Kitchen, a nationally distributed, all-natural pasta sauce and condiment packaged foods company. Earlier, he spearheaded the use of satellite technology in the 1988 presidential election. J.B. also served as Assistant to the President of New World Entertainment, the production company that produced The Wonder Years. During high school, J.B. led his first entrepreneurial venture when he created a company with his father that became the first licensee of Pac-Man paraphernalia.
J.B. holds an MBA from Harvard and a B.A. from Tufts University.
EnerAllies is a rapidly growing company based in Silicon Valley’s South Bay. Our SaaS automation and analytics platform is disrupting the economic model for HVAC management and optimization for multi-site retail and restaurant chains – and we’re only scratching the surface of what we can do. Our business cuts across IoT, SaaS, energy, data analytics and machine learning.
We have built a team with a diverse group of people from some of the top companies and universities in the world. We value relentless customer focus, creativity, results, optimism, humility and a team-first mindset. We are all in this to make the company successful. We not only want to “do well”, but also “do good”, building services that save energy and help reduce the impact of climate change.
If we sound interesting to you and you see a relevant opening, please send your resumé and cover letter to: hiring at enerallies.com and put the job name in your subject line.